Wednesday 23 May 2012

Ghost in the deserted city

When the sun is alive and the darkness fades,
the wandering ends and i crawl under the shades,
When the moon is reborn,
I become the cold of death, searching, waiting, for the victims to stop by my humble facade.
I wander and wander until i find someone to surrender,
I dont taste wealth for it is bland,
rather i find the love and compassion of a soul, intoxicating.
There were days when people believed in love,
those were the days when i filled my alcove.
Soon the lives became complicated, making it tough for the relations to exist, neither i was the reason nor any other but the mankind itself.
Now, I am nothing but a lonely ghost wandering in the deserted city, for it has lost its fame in the whirling fires of selfish flame. Wars came and went, taking the lives before i had the chance to prey on them. My clan thought we were the ones whom the humanity feared, but it became clear that the humans feared no other than themselves. Filled with greed over money, lust and power, they brought havoc. the days of wisdom are long gone. I do not hear the stories of legends anymore, rather being a ghost i became sick of hearing the same wailing cries of lost lives, fighting for a chance, wishing for a gulp of air, sip of water. Slowly and slowly, the demons too dissolved, ghosts found peace in their degraded bodies. I was left alone since i had no idea where my body was too.

When the sun is alive and the darkness fades,
the wandering ends and i crawl under the shades,
When the moon is reborn,
I become the cold of death, searching, waiting, for the victims to stop by my humble facade.
I wander and wander until i find someone to surrender!!
Under the hood i wait, with my empty eyes,
for there is nothing but hollowness left in the world to fill the gap!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment